Summer transfer window opens May 28 for students
The Knox County Schools summer transfer window will begin on Tuesday, May 28 at 8 a.m. and conclude Friday, July 12, 2013 at 4 p.m. The summer transfer window is an opportunity for parents and/or legal guardians of students that meet the following criteria:
• 2013-14 kindergarten students
• Students new to the Knox County Schools (i.e. coming from private school, home school, out of county or out of state)
• Students who have had a change in family circumstances such as custody or guardianship since February 18, 2013
• Students with a change of address since February 18, 2013
• Students seeking a transfer to a “magnet” program where space is available
Proof of one of the above circumstances must be provided with the transfer application (with the exception of kindergarten students). An example of proof documentation can be a lease agreement, closing statements for the purchase of new home, court documents, and/or end of year report cards from a private school. The child’s name and birth date is required on the proof being supplied and must be submitted with the application.
There are three ways to apply for a transfer during the summer window:
1.In person, by completing a transfer application form available atPlease note that out-of-county transfer requests will only be considered after all Knox County students have been approved. The Knox County Schools will use a “lottery-style” process to determine transfer placements.
912 S. Gay Street. The Transfer Office is in Suite 103
2. By downloading an application form on the Internet from
transfers.knoxschools.org and faxing to 865-594-1504 or mailing to: Supervisor of Enrollment, P. O. Box 2188, Knoxville, TN 37901
3. Current Knox County School students may apply on-line by using
their parent portal log in (NOTE: the on-line application will not be available June 10-14 due to maintenance)
For more information, visit transfers.knoxschools.org online or knoxschools.org for Board of Education Policy JBCD.
.(More photos, video)
"Going for the Gold"
A video production by Sarah Moore Greene students
|Memorial Tribute for Mrs. Sarah Moore Greene
It is our mission at SMG to provide opportunities for all students to acquire and become proficient in technological
skills and knowledge, and to develop into productive global citizens with good character within a diverse, caring,
and positive learning environment in collaboration with parents, community members, and staff.
3001 Brooks Road • Knoxville, TN 37914